The Dementia Whisperer-Laura Wayman
The Dementia Whisperer, Inc. is a a cutting-edge training/consulting company that will help you or your entire organization master the critical tools to improve care performance in a rapidly changing and challenging care environment.
Since 2001, Ms. Wayman has presented trainings, workshops, master classes and seminars to over 500 audiences around the world, many of them repeat engagements and ongoing consultation services including the following:
- The California Department of Aging Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP)
- California Long Term Care Ombudsman
- Del Oro Caregiver Resource Centers
- Breakout sessions and Workshops for various faith organizations
- In-service trainings and ongoing consulting for these nationally franchised in-home care organizations at the following independently owned and operated territories; Comfort Keepers: Livermore/Berkeley CA, Alameda CA, Sacramento/Tracy CA, Walnut Creek CA, Redding CA, Miami Valley OH, North Denver CO, South Denver CO,Grand Junction CO, Jenkintown PA, Cape Girardeau MO, Gig Harbor WA, Memphis TN, Brightstar: Houston and The Woodlands TX, Sacramento CA, Home Instead; Sacramento CA, Mountain View CA
Laura Wayman, The Dementia Whisperer, raising dementia awareness to over 300 family and professional care providers at the annual Health Care Providers Council Caregiver Conference in Tacoma Washington.
A Keynote Session You and Your Organization will not want to miss!
Laura Wayman has presented as the keynote or break out session speaker to over 500 audiences nationwide over the last 15 years, positively impacting professional dementia care providers and family caregivers from all walks of life, including thousands who attended Denver University Senior Law Day 2015, the Alzheimer’s Association (Houston, Memphis, Grand Junction and Sacramento chapters) caregiver workshops, H.I.C.A.P. Annual Retreat, Music Partners in Healthcare, Placer County and El Dorado County Adult System of Care seminars and various dietary, assisted living/memory care and hospice conferences.
Session Description: A Loving Approach to Dementia Care-Raising Dementia-Awareness Worldwide is a clarion call to action—positive, life-affirming, constructive action that helps us better cope with a condition whose boundaries for now are essentially out of our control. In Ms. Wayman’s educational, entertaining and enjoyable presentation, she provides the tools and inspiration to fight a battle where loss is not the inevitable outcome. Individually and collectively, we would be wise to pay heed to her empowering message.
Session Learning Objectives:
The audience will discover solutions that work and are flexible in application. Importantly, Ms. Wayman distills the rationale behind her approaches in such clear and logical fashion that everyone will learn to refine and trust their instincts when new challenges arise.
- By the end of this presentation, the participants will have an understanding of not only the importance of caring for themselves; they will also have valuable techniques to assist them in managing stressors in their lives. This presentation is designed to empower participants in a way that is refreshing, relieving and rewarding – moving from guilt to gratitude to goodness. When we, ourselves, are in a place of peace and calm, we naturally approach others with love, compassion, and acceptance – enriching the lives of others while deepening the precious moments in our own lives.
- By practicing and putting to use all of the examples of affirming responses, care providers will acknowledge the individuals dementia world, and guide their feelings to more of a cooperative and positive outcome. Learning to do so in a relaxed, confident, and calm manner will assist the emotional understanding necessary to solve behavioral challenges that can come up on a daily basis when dealing with the different causes of dementia symptoms.
Other Dementia Topics
Ms Wayman can also speak on the following topics:
- IS IT DEMENTIA?
- EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT DEMENTIA BUT WERE AFRAID TO ASK…
- DEMENTIA AND HOSPICE
- A LOVING APPROACH TO CHALLENGING DEMENTIA BEHAVIORS
- A LOVING APPROACH TO DINING WITH DEMENTIA
- A LOVING APPROACH TO ACTIVITIES WITH DEMENTIA
My mission as “The Dementia Whisperer” and as an internationally recognized dementia care expert is to change the world in the way in which all memory care services are provided to those who suffer from various memory care impairments. I want to give meaning and purpose to those diagnosed with dementia or memory impairment—as well as give families a peace of mind and understanding that there is enhanced quality of life for, as well as improved quality of relationships, with their loved ones.
As A Visionary for Change I Actively “Practice What I Teach” by:
- Guiding, supporting, mentoring and acting as a change agent;
- Challenging poor practices appropriately;
- Promoting the wellbeing and quality of life for anyone diagnosed with any cause of dementia symptoms;
- Presenting and encouraging an individualized approach;
- Becoming the model for good practice;
- Supporting family members to enhance their wellbeing and enable them to continue in their caring role.