Welcome to AgeSong
AgeSong’s mission is to design and build eldercare communities and manage them from a humanistic, elder-centered perspective. Foundationally, AgeSong conceives of itself as a learning organization. All of us are continually learning, at all times and wherever we are. Learning in an elder community learning of depth, not information; of wisdom, not knowledge. Elders teach us that the world is unknowable, always mysterious.
The AgeSong WoodPark community is set in a neighborhood of charming single family homes in Oakland’s diverse, evolving Fruitvale district. Our expansive one-story residence offers a warmly decorated, sunlit environment, set within numerous spacious residential wings accommodating 86 residents. The many common rooms and dining areas throughout the building offer inviting gathering places for residents and their guests.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, AgeSong serves over 85 residents and continues to lead the industry with second-to-none eldercare in areas including assisted living, ADL care (activities of daily living) Dementia/Alzheimers (forgetfulness), and high acuity care. AgeSong WoodPark’s community is licensed by the department of social services. RCFE Licence Number: WoodPark 019200514.
AgeSong approaches aging from a different perspective, challenging attitudes about aging and elders. While most providers offer a safe environment, nutrition, housekeeping and other basic services, AgeSong approaches each aspect of care as an opportunity to interact. AgeSong celebrates the individual and focuses on community living within a learning environment.Part of the AgeSong vision is to shift mainstream view of aging from a liability to a resource, and to reestablish the role of eldership in society. Each life is seen in its entirety, and each phase of life builds on those before. The various programs AgeSong has to offer include the flexibility to take the individual’s preferences into account to provide personalized care.
The AgeSong WoodPark community provides these services:
- Private and semi-private residences
- Homelike environment with resident photographs, keepsakes and family stories
- Small, friendly, neighborhood setting
- Pet friendly
- Weekly housekeeping and linen services
- Complete apartment maintenance
- All utilities except phone service, cable and internet
- Engagement Program with dynamic calendar of classes, activities, professional entertaininment, and outings
- Scheduled local transportation to local appointments, errands and outings
- Structured and spontaneous activities specifically tailored to each resident
- Senior wellness programs
- Three nutritious, well-balanced chef-prepared family style meals where families and friends are welcome
- Healthy and delicious snacks available at all times
- Caring, trained staff available 24 hours per day
- Specialized forgetfulness care for Dementia/Alzheimer’s
- Coordination with healthcare providers
- Daily assurance checks and medication monitoring
- Ongoing communication with primary care physician, other healthcare professionals and family members
- 24-hour nursing care support
- 24-hour emergency call responder
- Specialized diet preparation (nectar, thick liquid, vegetarian, high protein, etc.)
- Diabetic care
- Incontinence care program
- Comfort and support services; Hospice
- Gero Wellness Program w/ therapeutic activities
- Family education and support services