Dealing with dementia – Dementia Whisperer
Laura Wayman, AKA the Dementia whisperer offers many great techniques on how to properly handle, and manage the various challenges that come with Dementia or Alzheimer disease.
My mission as “The Dementia Whisperer” and as an internationally recognized dementia care expert is to change the world in the way in which all memory care services are provided to those who suffer from various memory care impairments. I want to give meaning and purpose to those diagnosed with dementia or memory impairment—as well as give families a peace of mind and understanding that there is enhanced quality of life for, as well as improved quality of relationships, with their loved ones.
- Onsite Facility/Agency Training and ongoing Consulting Services
- Online Professional Caregiver Trainings
- Educational Seminar Events for Professional Care Providers, Family Caregivers and Community Series on “Becoming Dementia Aware”
- Dementia Care Practitioner Certification
- Support Group Facilitator
Continuing Education/CE’s Available
Accredited by the State of California Board of Nursing
Four class room hours (4 CE’s), Provider #CEP16502
Now offering Continuing Education for R.C.F.E. Administrator’s License, eight classroom hours (8 CE’s)
Accredited by the California Department of Social Services, Vendor #2000598-740-2
Check event page for upcoming class offerings, or contact Ms. Wayman directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
As A Visionary for Change I Actively “Practice What I Teach” by:
- Guiding, supporting, mentoring and acting as a change agent;
- Challenging poor practices appropriately;
- Promoting the wellbeing and quality of life for anyone diagnosed with any cause of dementia symptoms;
- Presenting and encouraging an individualized approach;
- Becoming the model for good practice;
- Supporting family members to enhance their wellbeing and enable them to continue in their caring role.